The Unknown Girl, written and directed by Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, has been selected for the Official Competition of this year’s 69th edition of the Cannes Film Festival!
Berlin, here we are!
HEDI, our coproduction with Nomadis Images (TU) and Tanit Films (FR) will be screened on Friday February 12th as part of the Festival Official Competition. This first long-feature of director Mohamed Ben Attia, HEDI is the only Arab film in competition. LE FILS DE JOSEPH, Eugène Green‘s new film that we have co-produced with Coffee and Films (FR) has is selected in FORUM category. Casting : Victor Ezenfis, Natacha Régnier and Fabrizio Rongione.
Rise won the Grand Prix at Zinebi Festival in Bibao
RISE, short film by Jean-François Ravagnan won the highest prize at Zinebi, International Festival of Documentary and Short Film of Bilbao. Congratulations to the crew and thanks to our partners for supporting us in this great adventure. A coproduction Les Films du Fleuve, Le Groupov, Sténopé, Dragons Films, Proximus, RTBF (Belgium television) produced with the help of the Centre du Cinéma et de l’Audiovisuel de la Fédération Wallonie-Bruxelles, the Tax Shelter du Gouvernement Fédéral Belge and the Cinéfinance Tax Shelter.
Quiet on the set!
On our side…
- Jean-Pierre et Luc Dardenne are shooting their tenth feature film “THE UNKNOWN GIRL” in Liège area with Adèle Haenel in the lead role but also, Jérémie Renier, Olivier Gourmet, Fabrizio Rongione, Thomas Doret, …
On our co-production side…
- The shooting of the new Ken Loach film “I, DANIEL BLAKE” started October 20th at Newcastle (UK)
- Featuring a dream cast with Natalie Portman and Lily Rose Melody Depp in the lead roles, “PLANETARIUM” by Rebecca Zlotowski is shooting in Paris area
- Biopic of the serpentine dancer Loie Füller, “LA DANSEUSE” by Stephanie di Giusto is currently being made at Seine-and-Marne with the singer Soko, François Damiens, Gaspard Ulliel and Lily-Rose Melody Depp
- The director Pippo Delbono is currently working on his new documentary called “EVANGILE” in Italy
“The Cowboys” by Thomas Bidegain – Soon to theaters
The first full-length feature film by Thomas Bidegain, Jacques Audiard’s official writer, with François Damiens in the lead role. Screened at the Quinzaine des Réalisateurs at Cannes Film Festival, the film will be released in Belgium on December 16th.
“Two Days, One Night” and “Marina” receive honours at the 2015 Magrittes
We now know the winners of the 5th Magrittes Ceremony, the Belgian cinema industry awards. “Two Days, One Night“ received three Magrittes: Best film and Best director(s) for Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne and Best actor for Fabrizio Rongione. “Marina” by Stijn Coninx also received three awards: Best set design, Best costumes and Best Flemish film.
Success for “Two Days, One Night” at the Lumières Awards
Earlier this year in Paris, on Monday the 2nd of February, “Two Days, One Night“ by Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne received the Lumière Award for Best French Language Film. The Académie des Lumières, the French equivalent of the Golden Globes and made up of representatives of the international press based in Paris, serves to honour the best French or French language films.
The Césars Academy announces their nominations for 2015
“Two Days, One Night” has received two nominations: Best actress for Marion Cotillard and Best foreign Film. Yet another nomination for Marion Cotillard after her Oscar nomination. The last weekend of February is set to be packed with emotion, with the Césars award ceremony on Friday 20th of February and the Oscars on the 22nd.