Le soleil assassiné (The assassinated sun)
Release date in Belgium – November 2004
Running time: 85 min.
- Written and Directed by : Abdelkrim Bahloul
- Music : Jean-Marie Sénia
- Director of Photography : Charles Van Damme
- Editor : Pierre Didier, Jacques Witta
- Sound : Faouzi Thabet
- Production designer : Bruno Beaugé–Taoufik Beki
- Costume designer : Eve-Marie Arnault
Based on actual events that occurred in Algeria. Ten years after the 1962 liberation of Algeria, many “pied-noir” (French colonials born in Algeria) stayed on in the country they saw as home. One of the most prominent was Senac, a distinguished poet and radio broadcaster with a large following. The fact that he was gay and stood for a liberal approach to the arts made him a marked man among sections of the homophobic police force that essentially ran the country.