Mon colonel (The colonel)
Release date in Belgium – 15 November 2006
Running time: 110 min.
- Screenplay : Costa Gavras, Jean-Claude Grumberg and Laurent Herbiet
- Directed by : Laurent Herbiet
- Music : Armand Amar and Mathieu Coupat
- Director of photography : Patrick Blossier
- Sound : Olivier Hespel and Thomas Gauder
- Editor : Nicole Berckmans
- Production designer : Alexandre Bancel
- Costume designer : Edith Vesprini
- Production manager : Florence Masset
Retired Colonel Duplan is murdered. An unsigned letter accuses : « the Colonel died in Saint-Arnaud ». The diary of young Lieutenant Rossi, the Colonel’s aide-de-camp in Saint-Arnaud (French Algeria) in 1956 fascinates Galois, the young army Lieutenant in charge of the investigation : Rossi’s mission was to study how far the army could go using new laws of exception granted by the civilian authorities.
Galois’ investigation will make her face the process that changes a young lieutenant into a torturer and discover how these laws of exception paved the way to torture and legalized war crimes, all committed in the name of a war on terror.